Saturday, September 4, 2010

Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies

My son Shea wanted to make cookies today - we often bake together on the weekends and today we really went all out!  First he got out a bunch of bowls, measuring cups, spoons and a whisk and started talking like he was on a cooking show.  I tried to get it on video, but as usual, was not fast enough and he didn't want to be on camera anymore.  Then we made a batch of corn muffins but afterwards he really wanted to make cookies too, so I looked around to see what we had on hand to decide what kind of cookies to make.  We had 3 over-ripe bananas and lots of oatmeal so I thought that would be good.  I also remembered I had some dried organic wild blueberries and thought that would go really well.  So I took the Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe from the Quaker Oats container and modified it.  The end result was really really yummy!

Here's the recipe:


Heat oven to 350. Beat together margarine/butter and sugar until creamy then add eggs and vanilla and beat well.  Mix in bananas, stir, then add flour, baking soda and cinnamon and mix well.  Stir in oats and blueberries.  Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.  Makes about 4 dozen (I make mine a little smaller for the kids so it makes about 5 dozen).
You can replace the dried blueberries with any other dried fruit like cranberries, raisins, currants, or chopped up dried apples.

Click on any of the green links in my blogs to purchase that item at a great price through Amazon.com.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here