Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reuse your old socks - make #Halloween Sock Spiders!

Green Halloween Craft Idea: Sock Spiders!

Do you have single socks or worn-out socks taking up space in your closet or dresser?  For some reason, I have a mound of these and even though I use them for cleaning - they just seem to multiply!  Since I have a lot of black socks, I thought I would reuse them and create "Sock Spiders" to use as Halloween decorations.  This past weekend, we walked over to Michael's Craft Store and purchased some black pipe cleaners and what my son calls, "googly eyes" then came back and collected all those socks.  We stuffed the end of the socks with other socks or old ripped t-shirts (you could use cotton, paper or tissue) and folded the open end of the sock over the whole thing and tucked it into the open end.  Then we poked through the bottom with 4 pipe cleaners to form the legs.  I sewed the end of the folded sock top to make a smooth bottom.  My son stuck the googly eyes onto the top then I pulled some thread through the top using a needle and hung one over the doorway to the kitchen.  They turned out so cute!  We can use these every year now AND I got rid of all those lonely socks!  Way to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!

If you have black or brown socks that have patterns or colors on them. you can have some fun - here is a sock spider using argyle socks!
 If you make your own recycled Halloween decoration, please share by posting a comment and if you have a photo, please send it to me and I'll post it here!
Thanks!
Happy GREEN Halloween!

Want more Green ideas? Go to  http://greenhalloween.org/`

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing! I found you on the GReen Blog Hop and now follow you on Twitter and GFC. When you get the chance, please stop by mine-www.mybabysgreenblog.com

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back from the Green Blog Hop. Love the Blog !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!

    Following you back

    Anne@
    http://mommyhastowork.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! What a great way to reuse old socks!

    Like you on facebook from TFF! Hope you can stop by and like back. Thanks!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/From-Chalkboards-to-Strollers/137079489677144
    http://chalkboardstostrollers.blogspot.com/p/todays-blog-hops.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here