Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Earth Month!

Although Earth Day is April 22, the whole month is dubbed EARTH MONTH by many organizations because there is so much we can do to celebrate and spread the word about protecting our planet that it couldn't possibly be done in one day!  EVERY day should be Earth Day!  So in honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and the month long celebration, I will be posting a green tip, idea, link, topic, craft, image or product every day this month!  This will certainly be a huge task for me since I am really a part-time blogger (I work full time as a Landscape Architect and I'm a mommy of 2 young kids so only have time at night or on weekends..) but I am up for the challenge! 

So to start out Earth Month, I want to share a few websites that I love that relate to Earth Month or offer great ways for you to be more environmentally aware:

Planet Green - One of my favorite multi-media sites for everything about sustaining our planet and making healthy, smart choices: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/feature/earth-day/

Treehugger - From nature to science to architecture to fashion to food and travel, this is the A#1 place for everything green!  Another one of my favorites, this is a site to be following and reading everyday: http://www.treehugger.com/

Inhabitat - Inhabitat.com is a weblog devoted to the future of design, tracking the innovations in technology, practices and materials that are pushing architecture and home design towards a smarter and more sustainable future.  Sign up for their daily emails and get inspired every day with green design: http://inhabitat.com/

Mother Nature Network - MNN is the leading resource for daily environmental news, green commentary and simple steps to save money, stay healthy, and support the planet.  It's a cleanly designed website packed with interesting articles  http://www.mnn.com/ 

Practically Green - This is the best website to get tips on how you can be more eco-friendly and to set goals for yourself and to green your home and lifestyle.  If you already live eco-friendly, find out just how green you really are!  I did a few blog posts recently about this fantastic website - check it out: http://sprout5.blogspot.com/search/label/Green%20Living

April is also National Landscape Architecture Month and since I am a landscape architect, I will be sharing projects, info, and topics with you all month long!  To learn more about Landscape Architecture, check out;

The Dirt - the official blog of the American Society of Landscape Architects: http://dirt.asla.org/

Stay tuned, follow and forward this blog this month for some exciting surprises, giveaways and blog hops to celebrate Earth Month!

~ Sprout

6 comments:

  1. I found you through the “Friday Blog Hop”

    I follow you on GFC, Facebook and Twitter. (Anja M.)

    Hope you will follow me back at This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from Friday Blog Hop. Have a good night! :-)
    Measuring Flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follower from last week's blog hop! Hope you can stop by to return the follow :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from a new follower on the Blog Hop!

    I am so excited to be one of the featured bloggers on this week’s Friendly Friday!

    I am trying to visit everyone on the hop!

    Please feel free to stop by: Put A Little Umbrella In Your Drink

    Lesli :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your blog. We are working on Earth "month" right now. Visited a recycling center last week to show them the importance of recycling to reduce our footprint.
    New follower, Stopping over from Friday Blog Hop. Hope you can stop by our blog sometime. www.krazykuehnerdays.com

    Have a great week
    Renita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find the post about the Friday Blog Hop - I know, I am a little late, so I am leaving my note here....

    BLOG HOPping around - I am now a follower of your blog, wont you also follow me?? ~KM
    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here